YAY! You pitched your gig and they signed your contract – are you ready for the big day? What material(s) do you want to hand out? Or what will the next step be in getting people in the audience hooked?
I’ve had several clients ask for some assistance on ‘What do I do now that I’ve got that speaking engagement?’
Do NOT wait days/weeks before the big day to prepare. Once that contract is signed and in your hand it’s time to get started.
- Look over your presentation for the speaking engagement and start deciding on: will you provide worksheets, PowerPoint presentation or none, and/or props.
- Have a story to tell relative to your speaking gig.
- Make sure you have an offer at the end and entice the audience.
- Practice, Practice, Practice what you are going to be doing.
- Stay healthy and get a good night’s sleep.
On the day of your big day – SMILE, use your visuals, go slow, have a glass of water on hand, and be excited in what you are speaking about.
What do you do to prepare for your speaking engagement? Let us know by commenting below.