For the last several months I’ve been watching the uses of QR Codes in businesses. I’ve been fascinated and have scanned a few to see what happens upon scanning. Pretty neat tool and gets more information to the consumer quicker and possibly more sales especially in their store. Many QR Codes are being used in advertising material with the hopes that consumers will continue to come back or grab new consumers.
Just the other day my husband was looking thru a new and used car magazine when a page caught my eye. On the top left corner beside the business name was a QR Code that when scanned took them right to the website of the cars mentioned on the page and more. Nice!
Considering now? You should! The creation of QR Codes in your business will get people to check out your website, communicate with you by email or calling once scanned, get more information on a specific product they are wanting and so on!
Here a few suggestions on how to use QR Codes in specific business industries:
- Restaurants: post on a coupon, menu brochure
- Car Sales: advertising material in magazines and newspapers, stick a QR Code on a car brochure that links back to their website with car information
- Medical Offices: QR Codes can be created for each doctor and put on their business card or business brochures
- Clothing Stores: window displays
- Realtors: post a QR Code on brochures for houses for sale
- Local Farmers: put on their produce linking back to their website
How about FUN ways to use QR Codes:
- temporary tattoo
- Cocktail napkins
- fun gift for clients: create a puzzle that client puts together for QR Code
- historical sites can create and post on walking tours
- museums can create them and post by paintings/sculptures giving details on painting/sculptures
QR Code Generators: (there are many more than what I’ve listed here)