There are times when we need to break from our usual stuff, relax and not be so serious. This is why at times I usually will do a blog that is fun, but this time I’m writing a blog on FOOD. We all love food and this one is delicious. Enjoy.
Low Carb Picnic Recipe
Refreshing Cucumber Salad Bowls
What You Need:
1 (6 oz) can tuna in water, drained well
2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1/2 c celery, chopped fine
1 tbsp sweet onion, chopped fine
1/4 c mayonnaise
2 tbsp relish
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 c Cheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make It:
- Cut the cucumber in half long wise.
- Remove the seeds and cut the bottom so the cucumbers set flat.
- Place the tuna, eggs, celery and onion into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir slightly to help breakup the tuna.
- Add the mayonnaise and relish.
- Stir together until the mayonnaise is slightly smooth.
- Pour in the lemon juice.
- Sprinkle in the pepper.
- Stir to mix well.
- Sprinkle in the cheese and continue stirring until all the ingredients are incorporated together.
- Fill each cucumber half with the tuna mixture.
Cucumber boats can be filled with any type of salad. Egg salad, chicken salad or even ham salad make a great addition to any picnic.