As business owner we are always searching for new tools to utilize in our business from creating notes, listing tasks and more. Evernote is that tool!
I have been using Evernote for my business for the last 5 years. During these years I have figured out ways to make this system work specifically for my business needs. In addition, I’ve trained businesses to start using Evernote in their business.
Let me tell you a bit about Evernote in case you have not heard of it.
Evernote is a workspace software downloaded to your desktop/laptop or can be used directly on the web as well on your mobile devices. You can create and collect notes, make lists, take pictures, collaborate with co-workers and much more. Your notebooks and notes are then synced into your online account so that no matter where you are, you have access to all your Evernote notebooks and notes.
Below are 15 simple ways to start using your Evernote for your business:
- Create tasks list and check them off as you complete them
- Track your time during the day on projects or client work
- Track mileage to and from meetings
- Create a blog article (which is how I’m creating this one before it goes onto my website)
- Create a note with quotes and tips – you won’t ever loose them again.
- Collaborate with co-workers or team members by using the chat system.
- Save articles from the web for future reading or pass along to others (there’s an app for that)
- Track your business goals and check them off as you reach them
- Track business finances. Create a table and upload image of your receipts
- Want to write a book? What better way to brainstorm or write away. Don’t forget to use the word count feature to keep track of the length of your book.
- Record your notes, blog articles, phone interviews
- During networking or meetings, don’t use paper, create a note and start typing away.
- Create reminders and have them emailed so you never forget again
- Brainstorm products/services or any other business idea.
- Create templates for use in the business – especially those forms you need consistently to be filled out by prospective clients or team members.
- Need a simple easy presentation? Create the note and then click the present icon and go live with it during a meeting, webinar or recording.
- Upload or use your camera to insert images where needed.
- Share some of these notes/notebooks with team members instead of emailing.
I know I said 15, but I couldn’t help it. There is much you can do with Evernote that I could go on and on.
Keep this in mind no matter what type of business you are….Evernote can be used for YOUR business.